Be a Supporter!

CordycepsCordyceps

Main News Movies Games Art Favorites Reviews Stats 7 Fans

Fiery Christmas Fiery Christmas

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars November 27, 2012

I think shorts really are your best works. Any chance we'll see another "30 shorts in 30 days" type thing?

The timing on this was well done, and the sound effects were well-placed. Whatever Santa was mumbling at the beginning looked out of place without his mouth moving, though. The ending, with a flaming Santa riding away on his sleigh, doesn't really make much sense (Why didn't he put it out before flying off? Would you drive to the hospital if you were on fire?). But, being a short, it's a small qualm, and most people wouldn't dwell on it long enough for it to matter.

Overall, another good piece. Keep it up!

chluaid responds:

Thanks. For a long time another 30 shorts has existed in the form of notepad scribbles in my drawer. Short, quick things like this are probably my best shot at releasing personal work more frequently.

AragashiXD Halloween AragashiXD Halloween

Rated 0 / 5 stars November 4, 2012

NO HABLOS ESPANOL

aragashi responds:

for the next I put captions

LUCKY DAY FOREVER LUCKY DAY FOREVER

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars May 29, 2012

I think it would benefit from being a bit more cryptic. It's made very obvious that this is a white/black statement.

As for the animation, it is very well done, but it clashes with the background somewhat. It might look good with a filter overlay type thing.

Overall, very well done.

FlapBound FlapBound

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars February 25, 2014

Very serious lag on some levels. Also horizontal pixels. What the fuck man.

Windows Doors Windows Doors

Rated 4 / 5 stars September 24, 2009

This is great.

After following the thread in the Flash forum, I knew this would amount to something great.

Overall, there is little advice I can offer you. You are clearly a great coder and deserve more than just a Daily 3rd for this.

Archawn responds:

I know... I submitted it without knowing that Madness Accelerant counted as being submitted on the day I did.

Fridge Chasing Madness Fridge Chasing Madness

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars February 16, 2009

Needs work.

The game was a whole lot of nothing. You basically had to hold down one key for most of the game, except for the odd jump here and there. You need to implement more action.

Also, you should work on the camera angle. The character took up most of the screen, making it difficult to see around it. The animation could use some improvement as well; the walking cycle needs improvement.

You can look here for improving your walking cycle: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view /67509

You might also try using perspective in the background. It was mostly like a 2-d painting all the way through it. The character often floated above the ground, as well. Overall, this wasn't too bad; the story was alright, and you put at least SOME effort into this.

Also note that this review is NOT abusive. The link is both relevant to the review and inside Newgrounds.

TelaFerrum responds:

Of course it's not abusive, this is clearly constructive and helpful.

Thanks for the input, but so that you know, you didn't tell me anything I didn't know already. I know how to do a proper walk cycle, but I'm really suprised you'd bring that up. Doesn't the bouncy cartoonish running look fun and just work?

It was a quick and fun sort of thing. The backgrounds were simple, but I know they were fun to go through and look at, or at least to some people.

The character was bigger than I realized when I got past the introduction, but I decided to just went with it.

Thinking back on my original intent, maybe I should have made the gameplay a bit better, but with what I have here, I just wanted to let people walk through some fun backgrounds and to bring the ridiculous idea of actually chasing your refridgerator to life.

Thanks for the review.

Still Alive (Portal) Still Alive (Portal)

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars March 7, 2013

The piano line was kind of annoying, since it stands out so much and doesn't really have a lot of variation.

SMES responds:

Good point! Shall work on something with more interest next time we use an ostinato line. Thanks for the review

Wild Arms Opening Theme v2 Wild Arms Opening Theme v2

Rated 3 / 5 stars April 1, 2012

Just about spot-on.

But... It lacks the spirit of the original. This is clearly done by synth. It would really compliment the music to have a rougher feel to it. The bassline is also neglected, which is one of those things that really bring it together. The whistling sounds a bit too shrill, as well.

Beyond that I have no complaints.

I3chig0 responds:

mmm...well i was 16 when i did that on an extremely old computer (which i'm pretty sure i trashed later on). Not really sure what i used on it, but i know i used FL studio to do it.

i don't really plan on fixing anything so everything shall stay as is for the sake of just being proud of what i did then!
That, and cause i'm lazy about it.

Final Bowser SMW2 (GaMetal) Final Bowser SMW2 (GaMetal)

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars April 1, 2012

I've been waiting quite a while for someone to do a proper cover of this.

Before I had heard the music in the game, I heard it on a MIDI. IIRC it was Tony Thai's. That MIDI in particular was my inspiration to learn an instrument. Unfortunately, inspiration and funds do not go hand in hand.

This is overall a very well done cover. The few things I don't like are rather nitpicky; the keyboard in the intro should be tweaked a bit, because it kind of stands out.

Like I said, very well done. Please don't stop making music anytime soon.

heroicdeath_who-s-your-daddy-bioshock Who's Your Daddy (Bioshock)

Rated 4 / 5 stars May 15, 2010

Jesus.

I would totally buy this if it were on a shirt.

Heroicdeath responds:

Thanks thats quite a compliment ^_^

5urface_reunion Reunion

Rated 5 / 5 stars May 15, 2010

Incredible.

Indeed, this is an amazing piece.

Have you considered selling your work as posters?

drakide_belt belt

Rated 3 / 5 stars May 15, 2010

Awesome.

A lens flare.

I kid. The asteroid belt must've taken quite a bit of time.