Be a Supporter!

CordycepsCordyceps

Main News Movies Games Art Favorites Reviews Stats 8 Fans

BecauseMos BecauseMos

Rated 4 / 5 stars June 24, 2014

Very well done, I love how directionless it is.

Never stop, you're my favourite <3

NG Featureless Chat NG Featureless Chat

Rated 5 / 5 stars May 29, 2014

Totally perfect

I actually had a very similar idea but I'm too busy all the time so I would like to thank you for helping me to achieve my artistic vision

One racist police officer One racist police officer

Rated 0 / 5 stars May 5, 2014

blatantly racist I'm offended

FlapBound FlapBound

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars February 25, 2014

Very serious lag on some levels. Also horizontal pixels. What the fuck man.

Windows Doors Windows Doors

Rated 4 / 5 stars September 24, 2009

This is great.

After following the thread in the Flash forum, I knew this would amount to something great.

Overall, there is little advice I can offer you. You are clearly a great coder and deserve more than just a Daily 3rd for this.

Archawn responds:

I know... I submitted it without knowing that Madness Accelerant counted as being submitted on the day I did.

Fridge Chasing Madness Fridge Chasing Madness

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars February 16, 2009

Needs work.

The game was a whole lot of nothing. You basically had to hold down one key for most of the game, except for the odd jump here and there. You need to implement more action.

Also, you should work on the camera angle. The character took up most of the screen, making it difficult to see around it. The animation could use some improvement as well; the walking cycle needs improvement.

You can look here for improving your walking cycle: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view /67509

You might also try using perspective in the background. It was mostly like a 2-d painting all the way through it. The character often floated above the ground, as well. Overall, this wasn't too bad; the story was alright, and you put at least SOME effort into this.

Also note that this review is NOT abusive. The link is both relevant to the review and inside Newgrounds.

TelaFerrum responds:

Of course it's not abusive, this is clearly constructive and helpful.

Thanks for the input, but so that you know, you didn't tell me anything I didn't know already. I know how to do a proper walk cycle, but I'm really suprised you'd bring that up. Doesn't the bouncy cartoonish running look fun and just work?

It was a quick and fun sort of thing. The backgrounds were simple, but I know they were fun to go through and look at, or at least to some people.

The character was bigger than I realized when I got past the introduction, but I decided to just went with it.

Thinking back on my original intent, maybe I should have made the gameplay a bit better, but with what I have here, I just wanted to let people walk through some fun backgrounds and to bring the ridiculous idea of actually chasing your refridgerator to life.

Thanks for the review.

Mini Midi Adventure Mini Midi Adventure

Rated 3 / 5 stars April 23, 2014

The rhythm is really lacking in this one. The song sounds like its aimless. Adding in a track in the back that isn't just bass wubs to set the beat would really improve this one.

It's not bad for a MIDI composition, but there's still more that could be done.

sumidiotdude responds:

Thanks for the review. I worked with what I had for this one but I definitely agree, it shouldn't head in one direction. I appreciate the down-to-earth review!

Channel Surfing Channel Surfing

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars April 23, 2014

The guitar riff is a bit too quiet. It's really overpowered by the bass. I think it would benefit from having the guitar portion a bit louder. 8 of the same notes in a row also seems like a bit much, a bit of variation in there would also really help, even if you just pitch up the third note, I think that would be an improvement.

Overall it's a pretty solid song.

sumidiotdude responds:

I'm glad you enjoyed it in parts and I really appreciate the tips, my friend! Thanks again!

Still Alive (Portal) Still Alive (Portal)

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars March 7, 2013

The piano line was kind of annoying, since it stands out so much and doesn't really have a lot of variation.

SMES responds:

Good point! Shall work on something with more interest next time we use an ostinato line. Thanks for the review

Fearless Fantasy MonsterAmbush Fearless Fantasy MonsterAmbush

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars May 5, 2014

Good improvement over the previous, and it really sets a nice tone. I'm definitely looking forward to the release.

SpikeVallentine responds:

Wow Cordyceps! Thank you! That was very sweet of you.

Fearless Fantasy Monster Party Fearless Fantasy Monster Party

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars Apr 25, 2014

I love it! The creatures are lovably demented, like in your classic speed animations. My only complaint is that the weird lemon potato looks out fo place in the picture, but if it's just to show all the different monsters in the game, it serves its purpose. Good work!

SpikeVallentine responds:

hi, i updated it. Check it out again! now what?!
Thanks!

Who's Your Daddy (Bioshock) Who's Your Daddy (Bioshock)

Rated 4 / 5 stars May 15, 2010

Jesus.

I would totally buy this if it were on a shirt.

Heroicdeath responds:

Thanks thats quite a compliment ^_^